Directus is looking for a DevOps Engineer experienced with managing Enterprise SaaS platforms. You will work on optimizing and automating the ongoing process of deploying, securing, and updating our Cloud services.
Working closely with the rest of the Engineering team, your main responsibilities are:
- Automate provisioning, deployment, and configuration of our Enterprise Cloud, On-Demand Cloud, and Private Demo systems
- Security patching and ensuring remediation of security vulnerabilities
- Test and improve Cloud scalability, elasticity, and availability
- Research and implement performance enhancements to the Cloud API and logic
- Assist with monitoring, problem-solving, and issue resolution for infrastructure
- Establish monitoring and SOPs for operations
- Write and improve Cloud documentation, diagrams, and other technical resources
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of professional experience supporting SaaS environments and private Cloud services
- Experience working within DigitalOcean, AWS, and other IaaS providers
- Experience working with complex, distributed applications
- Hands-on experience with security benchmarks and system hardening
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills; strong attention to detail
- Comfortable multitasking in a fast-paced startup environment
- Ability to manage project expectations and timeliness
While officially headquartered in NYC, all our staff is decentralized by design. Our global team has been efficiently working remotely for over a decade, coming together each day via internal chats and telepresence. As long as you have a webcam and a fast/reliable internet connection, you're all set!
Directus is a venture-backed open-source data platform with a passionate community and millions of users worldwide. Modern and completely modular, our core product is comprised of a dynamic API (REST and GraphQL) for developers, and an intuitive no-code App for non-technical users. With the ability to be installed on top of any new or existing SQL database, Directus instantly provides end-to-end data democratization through its feature-rich toolkit.
We're obsessed with meticulously honing the perfect data platform. Our product-led growth strategy keeps us focused on creating a premium offering, prioritizing innovative solutions over feature bloat, and code quality over technical debt.
Our team and ecosystem are growing at a rapid pace, but we still enjoy the benefits of being a smaller, more "tactical" team. Our organization is intentionally flat, with everyone wearing a few hats, and working with relative autonomy. If you're hands-on, excited about open-source software, and self-motivated... let's chat!
Directus is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We're committed to building a diverse team of talented individuals who bring different perspectives to the company, and who feel a sense of inclusion and belonging when they join our team.
We would love to hear from you, even if you're unsure about some of the position details above. Feel free to reach out with questions, or apply using the form below.