We are looking for an experienced and hands-on Sales Manager responsible for building, leading, and supporting our global team of Sales Engineers. You will recruit, hire and grow a diverse team of talented Sales Engineers, supporting them with their professional development, and directly assisting in executing and closing large strategic deals.
The ideal candidate will have strong management and leadership skills within a software sales organization, excellent communication and relationship-building skills, and a performance history of selling into large Enterprise organizations.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of SaaS Sales and/or Solution Engineering Management experience
- 3+ years of meaningful success as a Sales/Solution Engineer
- Ability to distill complex technical concepts into simple, intuitive communication
- Excellent English communications skills, both written and verbal
- Experience developing the practice of Sales Engineering at a previous company
- Can work independently as well as within a diverse team
- Comfortable multitasking in a fast-paced startup environment
- Ability to manage project expectations and timeliness
- Portfolio of content showcasing compelling writing and strong editorial skills
While officially headquartered in NYC, all our staff is decentralized by design. Our global team has been efficiently working remotely for over a decade, coming together each day via internal chats and telepresence. As long as you have a webcam and a fast/reliable internet connection, you're all set!
Directus is a venture-backed open-source data platform with a passionate community and millions of users worldwide. Modern and completely modular, our core product is comprised of a dynamic API (REST and GraphQL) for developers, and an intuitive no-code App for non-technical users. With the ability to be installed on top of any new or existing SQL database, Directus instantly provides end-to-end data democratization through its feature-rich toolkit.
We're obsessed with meticulously honing the perfect data platform. Our product-led growth strategy keeps us focused on creating a premium offering, prioritizing innovative solutions over feature bloat, and code quality over technical debt.
Our team and ecosystem are growing at a rapid pace, but we still enjoy the benefits of being a smaller, more "tactical" team. Our organization is intentionally flat, with everyone wearing a few hats, and working with relative autonomy. If you're hands-on, excited about open-source software, and self-motivated... let's chat!
Directus is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We're committed to building a diverse team of talented individuals who bring different perspectives to the company, and who feel a sense of inclusion and belonging when they join our team.
We would love to hear from you, even if you're unsure about some of the position details above. Feel free to reach out with questions, or apply using the form below.