Directus is looking for a technical content writer who is passionate about informing, educating, and inspiring others through their work. This position is multi-faceted and includes writing technical documentation, long-form articles, product tutorials, short-form social media content, and even GitHub Discussions.
Skills and Qualifications
- 2-4 years of experience in technical content writing (English)
- Ability to distill complex technical concepts into simple, intuitive copy
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, with a keen eye for detail
- Ability to align writing with the Directus ethos and narrative
- Can work independently as well as within a diverse team
- Comfortable multitasking in a fast-paced startup environment
- Ability to manage project expectations and timeliness
- Portfolio of content showcasing compelling writing and strong editorial skills
While officially headquartered in NYC, all our staff is decentralized by design. Our global team has been efficiently working remotely for over a decade, coming together each day via internal chats and telepresence. As long as you have a webcam and a fast/reliable internet connection, you're all set!
Directus is a venture-backed open-source data platform with a passionate community and millions of users worldwide. Modern and completely modular, our core product is comprised of a dynamic API (REST and GraphQL) for developers, and an intuitive no-code App for non-technical users. With the ability to be installed on top of any new or existing SQL database, Directus instantly provides end-to-end data democratization through its feature-rich toolkit.
We're obsessed with meticulously honing the perfect data platform. Our product-led growth strategy keeps us focused on creating a premium offering, prioritizing innovative solutions over feature bloat, and code quality over technical debt.
Our team and ecosystem are growing at a rapid pace, but we still enjoy the benefits of being a smaller, more "tactical" team. Our organization is intentionally flat, with everyone wearing a few hats, and working with relative autonomy. If you're hands-on, excited about open-source software, and self-motivated... let's chat!
Directus is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We're committed to building a diverse team of talented individuals who bring different perspectives to the company, and who feel a sense of inclusion and belonging when they join our team.
We would love to hear from you, even if you're unsure about some of the position details above. Feel free to reach out with questions, or apply using the form below.